|Title||Plate, Faribault, Fourth Ave. UMC|
|Collection||L-Faribault, Fourth Ave.|
Faribault, Fourth Ave. UMC, commemorative plate, 1980
In 1885 seven pioneer Methodists met in Faribault House (Nutting's Hotel) and organized a study class that became Faribault's First Methodist Church. In 1860 a little white church was dedicated and in 1877 the congregation moved into a red brick church which stood until 1915 when the present church was built--all these being on the same lot. The pipe organ was installed in 1923. There was a merger of the German Methodist Church and First Methodist in 1924. The Education Wing was added to the present church in 1964. The name changed to Fourth Ave. United Methodist Church in 1968 following action by General Conference which united the denominations of Methodist and Evangelical United Brethren.
|Object Name||Plate, Commemorative|