Plate, Lake Harriet UMC, " In the winter of 1903-1904 Methodists in the community met together for services in the cottages of Linden Hills. The lake Harriet Methodist Episcopal Church was organized by twenty-three charter members on September 8, 1907, and a church building etected at 4401 Upton Ave. S., Minneapolis, Minnesota. This was outgrown by 1916 and a new church building was erected in a record time of three months on the same site. The new Lake Harriet Methodist Church at 4901 Chowen Ave. South was completed in 1953, fifty years from its beginning. This plate is a memento marking the fiftieth anniversary milestone and was a project of the Women's Society of Christian Service."