|Title||Ottawa Methodist Church|
|Collection||5A Annual Conference|
Ottawa Methodist Church, an Historic Site of the Minnesota Conference.
Ottawa Church was originally named "Minnewashta" (good water), and in 1856 renamed Ottawa Methodist Episcopal Church in honor of the Algonquin Indian tribe. Built in 1859 of native pink stone, the church is one of the three oldest German Methodist buildings in Minnesota. Discontinued in 1952, the building, while no longer a place of worship, remains the focus of Ottawa pride. The building is preserved as an historical site in memory of Christian pioneers by the LeSueur County Historical Society. Restored and refurbished, the building was rededicated on Sunday, September 22, 1968, and now houses artifacts and memorabilia.
Ottawa is located five miles south of LeSueur on County
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|